At Modus Create you will collaborate with a cross-functional Scrum team to deliver high quality innovative products in short sprint cycles. You thrive in an independent, distributed environment. If you’ve got the chops and want to ditch the cubicle, apply to the best lean startup development team on the planet.
This contract role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
- Upgrade legacy PHP and Laravel MVC Framework based system
- Develop and integrate Microservices
- Collaborate daily on a distributed, cross functional agile team
- 3-5 + yrs PHP development on the backend
- Strong experience using Laravel MVC Framework
- Must be familiar with PSRs
- Previous experience using PHPUnit
- Documentation tools such as Swagger
- Must have previous experience building and integrating Microservices
- Strong foundation of OOP principles
- ORM for interacting with DB's for example Eloquent (comes with Laravel)
- Experience upgrading legacy code a plus
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
- Strong experience using GitHub in a professional environment
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.