At Customer.io our mission is to help business talk like people. Today over 1200 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMSes and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps business increase relevance by using behavior data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
What will you be doing here?
For a long time, our technical support and sales teams were informally helping our customers be successful in the product, often spending a lot of time working with customers to plan their integration and campaigns in Customer.io.
As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll act as the project manager for the successful onboarding of the account. Tasked with getting general or strategic questions answered for new customers you’ll collaborate with technical support, sales, and engineering (when appropriate).
We don’t need you to be an expert at marketing - but rather an expert at getting questions answered and influencing the customer to make progress and move through blockers. You won't necessarily be a "data expert" but will be keen to get a good understanding or our app so that you can take a use case and leverage our features to make your customer successful.
Day to day, you’ll be working with our customers who opt into an onboarding plan with us. This will include things like:
- Transition calls with sales/CS/key stakeholders to outline the general onboarding plan and timetable
- Conversations with customers to unearth reasons why messaging matters to them and help them plan, implement and follow through with their messaging goals
- Planning and organization of the data customers will send to their Customer.io account, and how they’ll use it to power effective campaigns and newsletters
- Being your customer’s first point of contact to provide them with dedicated support and initial troubleshooting. We don’t expect you to know all of the answers, but you will gather information and help from TS, Product, and Engineering to solve problems.
- Following up with customers ~1x/quarter after the onboarding process is complete
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries.
- You’ve got a thirst for knowledge, and are keen to get a good understanding of our app.
- Creative problem solver who can understand the customer problem and find the best solution regardless of what the customer is asking for.
- We often find ourselves in situations like this: A customer has done a wonky data integration with Customer.io. hey want to create a complex, time-sensitive campaign but their engineers are unavailable to make the data easier to use. How do you help them?
- You’re calm under stress and not easily rattled.
- You enjoy solving problems independently, but aren’t afraid to ask for help or collaboration when you need to.
What have you done before this?
- You’ve worked in a company doing customer success
- You have a background in SaaS
- You have experience as a software developer / deep experience working with software developers in a technical capacity.
- You’re opinionated about customer experience for a business and in general. In order to give strategic advice to customers, you should have well formed opinions!
- Bonus points: You’ve been responsible for designing lifecycle messages
Our mission at Customer.io is to help businesses talk like people. Our customers are marketers, growth hackers, and engineers who are always dreaming up fresh ideas for how to be sincere and personal in their messages to customers. Unlike typical marketing platforms, we help businesses send meaningful messages based on what people do or don’t do when using a web or mobile app. We give our customers the superpower of sending and tracking phenomenal emails, SMSs and push notifications.
Why should you work with Customer.io?
Work at our head office in Portland, OR or anywhere in the world you want. The Customer Success team you’ll be joining are located in US Pacific and US Eastern timezones. We want to enable you to do your best work, and this is how we aim to do that—
Salary: We are offering a salary between $60k-$80kUSD for this position.
Equity -You'll own a piece of the company that you help create. You’ll be recognized for your contributions by earning equity in the company.
Big Impact - Our team is small, but growing quickly. The work you do will materially impact how successful we are as a company.
Great Tools - Everyone in the company has an Apple computer and is given a budget for a motorized standing desk, Steelcase Leap office chair, external monitor, and anything else you'd like to get your job done.
Health Benefits - We pay 100% of your premiums for you and your family for medical, dental and vision and short and long-term disability.
Paid Parental & Medical Leave - Including adoption.
Retreats -We get our whole company together twice a year. We've had retreats in Barcelona, Romania, Hunter Mountain, Chicago, Iceland, and Portland, Oregon.
Vacation - Rest and recuperation is important. We offer 4 weeks of paid vacation with flexibility for more.
At Customer.io, we’re committed to building a diverse environment and encourage minority applicants. So far, we have team members in France, Germany, Canada, Pakistan, India, Australia and all over the US. Our CEO and CTO grew up in Singapore and Arkansas respectively but met in New York City. Our company culture is always evolving; people from different backgrounds bring valued perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
Customer.io provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Customer.io complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Basically, we follow the law, but also like you for who you are!