As a freelance B2B Content Marketing Manager, you’ll pitch, research, write and manage the production calendar B2B marketing collateral for all stages of the funnel, from awareness through consideration to in-sale and expansion. The specific types of collateral we’re looking to produce include: landing pages, popups, infographics, white papers, ebooks, fact sheets, videos, case studies, decks, email drip series and more. You’ll have access and a budget for design resources and in some cases, supplemental research resources. We’re looking for a driven, thorough, fast and reliable self-starter to produce a high volume of B2B materials.
Open to full-time and part-time contracts, remote or NYC based, with a minimum of 20 hours/week.
What makes this role unique:
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in developing a content matrix and calendar from scratch and executing on the production at every step from ideation to campaign flight. You’ll be able to see your work immediately turn into live campaigns attracting global business leaders across a variety of industries: sports, tech, retail, entertainment and more.
You’ll have a hand in connecting and influencing our current roster of amazing clients, too, like the NFL, Bloomberg, Goldman Sachs, Huge, Viacom, CBS, SVA and Calvin Klein.
What you’ll always be doing:
- Maintain a content priorities list against a content matrix
- Maintain a content production and delivery calendar
- Pitch ideas and gather feedback in ongoing dialogue with Head of Marketing
- Research supporting statistics, quotes, thought leaders
- Light social media distribution (Twitter/LinkedIn)
- Ghost-write bylines for CEO thought leadership articles
- Write white papers, reports, ebooks, videos, email templates and more
- Write creative briefs for research firms, other writing resources and our design agency
- Incorporate performance data and feedback into revisions and future pieces
What you’ll need to have:
- Strong communication skills
- Reliability on commitments
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Experience with writing and editing for a distinct brand voice
- Experience producing a white variety of B2B collateral
- Experience performing original research (surveys and interviews)
- Experience gathering research from web sources (gathering stats from other reports and citing them)
- Ability to distill all research down into a coherent story outline with each piece of collateral
- Ability to translate a strategic goal with potential buyer personas in mind into compelling creative briefs for designers
- Thoughtful, clear, concise communication over slack, email, phone, video chat
- Ability to project manage multiple projects at once with different timelines and dependencies
- Ability to take feedback well and quickly incorporate into your work
- Experience working with and managing timelines with external resources such as additional freelancers and agencies
- Experience scaling content production process from 1 piece/week to 5 pieces/week
- Experience with thought leadership articles, social media and connecting them with PR opportunities (both an instinct and some background history for what will resonate with journalists)
- Experience writing outbound sales email campaigns
- SEO background
- Previous experience writing content aimed at an HR buying committee
- Previous experience writing content for a language training organization
The benefits and perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Personalized professional development and coaching - we’re an organization committed to being a milestone in your career!
- A modern Brooklyn office, ranked in the top 7 coworking spaces to work for in all of NYC, with all the kombucha and cold brew you can drink
ABOUT FLUENT CITY
Who we are:
We’re one of the fastest-growing premier language learning organizations in the US. Our human-centric approach sets us apart, and our immersive, skill-based language learning style emphasizes speaking over reading and writing. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. This sets us apart from apps, textbooks, and other traditional learning methods.
With over 200+ instructors on staff, we teach students in-person at our locations across four major cities, work with many leading Enterprise clients, and teach students online with our new, fast growing online product. Our mission is to reinvent language learning for the 21st century.
What we're building:
The most effective language learning platform in the world. Our programs combine three key elements, which we believe are critical drivers of learning outcomes.
They are relentlessly relevant - content and curriculum is focused on driving real-world outcomes, not to academic standards
They are deeply hospitable - the entire student experience is meticulously designed to empathize with and support the student’s needs and the emotional aspects of their learning journey
They are thoughtfully personalized - the student’s personal goals, learning style, and interests are all supported through the program design