This position will play a pivotal role on the Product Development team by managing the day to day processes involved with our line of SaaS Discovery Suite products. This is not a sales position, but the candidate should feel comfortable delivering persuasive presentations to campus leadership, representing the company at conferences, and collaborating with business development. The candidate will need the ability to gain a deep understanding of the entire Academic Analytics product suite and data set but will specialize in the implementation and development of Discovery products. The ideal candidate has:
· the ability to travel up to 30%
· a solid understanding of agile development practices
· experience managing every aspect of multiple concurrent CMS or other SaaS implementations
· experience working with a team of off-site developers
· experience with/a preference for working from home and the ability to collaborate effectively using remote communication tools (skype, Webex, phone)
· experience managing multiple concurrent implementations
· the ability to quickly shift gears and remain flexible
· experience in the Higher Education sector preferred
· exceptional organizational abilities
· past experience or interest in UX/UI, design or business analysis a plus
Most importantly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the product team’s core principles of flexibility, collaboration, and innovation. We are a growing company with well-respected product offerings, competitive pay and great growth opportunities.
- Work directly with new and existing clients to implement our line of SaaS Discovery Suite products.
- Manage all aspects of complex projects with aggressive timelines using accepted agile practices.
- Serve as scrum master on daily standups, retrospectives and grooming meetings.
- Develop high-level implementation processes in conjunction with product development and software development teams.
- Strategic project planning and analysis (develop implementation schedule 6-12 months ahead based on sales forecasts and other known variables).
- In-the-weeds software implementation configuration management:
· Map and integrate data
· Gather brand artifacts
· Discover configuration requirements
· Develop a tracking system for all implementations
· Create tickets using clear, concise acceptance language
- Develop training materials and lead training sessions with end users
- Work closely with all internal departments, as necessary, navigate through operational and technical day-to-day client challenges to ensure client satisfaction and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Update end user documentation as needed.
- Meet the needs of clients during the implementation process and report back to the team on any barriers to project success and/or launch timelines.
- Document implementation processes.
- May be involved in sales assistance with scoping projects, developing proposals, and demoing the product to prospective clients
- Become an in-house product expert for the Discovery Suite product line
- Provide ongoing production support to existing clients
- Contribute to backlog grooming and discussions regarding prioritization of new feature development
- Document, track and bring to the team any client-specific requirements outside the scope of the current product offering.
- Assist the Communications Team in the development of marketing material
- Work with software developers and quality assurance groups to implement and test software and data updates as needed
- Assist in software release management including; scheduling software release resources and events, notifying customers about maintenance windows, post-update testing and defect remediation
- Work cross-functionally with the AS Team, Product Development Team, and Tech team
- Identify internal process issues and participate in the improvement process
Strong project management, technical skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
Recent agile certification and sincere, “true believer” adoption of agile principles.
5+ years working in a software development environment.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and tight deadlines.
5+ years documented experience managing software implementations/integrations projects.
Experience working in the higher education sector
Ability to understand complex IT concepts but simplify them into layman's terms verbally and in writing
Ability to interface effectively at all levels internally and externally.