You are a Ruby/Rails developer that is passionate about clean, maintainable, and well-tested code. You’re a motivated self-starter that will take ownership of your work. You’re focused and exceptional at what you do, and don’t consider yourself a “full stack” developer. You have an exceptional attention to detail, and are comfortable reviewing pull requests and working with other developers. You’ll work with our existing development team to add features and upgrade an existing app.
We are a vocabulary learning company, whose products are used in schools all over the world. We’re looking for a senior developer to help us upgrade our large, monolith Rails app. Our ideal candidate is in the Portland area, and able to work at our Beaverton office. However, we’re open to a remote position for the right candidate.
- At least 3 years of applicable Ruby/Rails experience.
- A history of developing and supporting actual Ruby on Rails applications in production with a large user base.
- Experience with Rspec and Capybara testing.
- Familiarity with MySQL, including advanced querying and performance profiling.
- An understanding of background jobs, including Redis, Resque, and Sidekiq.
- Familiarity with Git, Github, Codeship, Codeclimate, and Sentry
- An understanding of integrating with third-party services and API’s (we use Mandrill, Intercom, Salesforce, and Freshdesk, and many more).
- Up to 100% of healthcare.
- Up to 100% of dental.
- $240 annual book stipend.
- $1500 annual match for charitable contributions.
- $1200 annual education stipend.
- Apple Macbook Pro.
- 2 weeks paid vacation + holidays + birthdays.