We are looking for passionate and experienced Rails developers to join our local or remote team. Our office is located in Sissach.
Please understand, that we can only accept candidates within a certain range, as a major part of our work style is, that we regularly meet with the team in different places. Also having similar time zones makes things much easier for us. Please only apply if you are within 3 hours flight travel time to Basel, as well as within a maximum of 2 time zones apart.
You will be developing products related to the financial industry. A few examples you might be working on:
- We extract data from documents via Machine Learning and verify the extraction process through a small team of people. Work on this application, optimizing our validation workflows or extraction methods.
- Building connectors to various external APIs which we need to implement.
- New products, set up base architecture, and integrate existing modules.
- Improving our infrastructure.
- You might help our support teams and possibly fix bugs.
- Expert skills with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, RSpec, Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- Proficient with Git and Github.
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- A minimum of 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
What we expect from you
- Write well designed, testable, efficient senior level code by using best software development practices.
- Be comfortable coming into a large codebase and be able to follow existing patterns, conventions, and figuring out how existing code fits and works together. Recommend better ways and discuss this with the team to increase our overall standards.
- Have strong opinions on how software should be produced, but are willing to make compromises when appropriate.
- Provide input, options, and recommendations on software features and system enhancements.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Provide recommendations into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Communicate with the team. Share the problems you have to get help from the team. Share your experience to help the team grow.
- Work according to priorities which have been set by you or your coworkers such that we can rely on your work.